OMV Medical, Inc., a recognized leader, has been providing medical staffing and management services for over a quarter of a century. OMV is always looking for dedicated individuals who share our values; flexibility, dependability and quality patient care. When you choose OMV Medical as your employer of choice, you can be confident that you are working with an organization that values you as an individual and understands your dreams, aspirations and wants to help you make your career goals real. Come partner with us!
Registered Nurses (ER) for Womack Army Medical Center, Fort Bragg, NC
ER Registered Nurse: (NIGHT position): The RN will support the mission of WAMC Department of Emergency Medicine at Fort Bragg, NC.
The Registered Nurse must:
- Education as follows: Either (a), a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing; or (b) a Diploma Graduate in Nursing; or (c) an Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Possess a current, unrestricted valid compact license or valid North Carolina license, will be confirmed through State Board of Nursing.
- Shall have a minimum of one year or more of Emergency Department preferred, to include triage experience.
- Be a Registered Nurse with a valid BLS, ACLS, PALS…. CEN and TNCC preferred.
ER RN Duties
- Major Duties: The nurse observes, assesses, and treats a wide range of patient conditions. The work affects patient recovery and contributes to their physical and emotional well-being. In the situations of impending death, the nurse provides maximum emotional support to the family and/or significant others. Nurses in the Emergency department assist in documentation and collection of nursing and medical research in emergency medicine. Nurses administer and monitor experimental medications, protocols and experimental procedures as members of research teams
- Performs Patient Management: Knowledge of established professional principles, practices and procedures required to provide nursing care to every age patient with any and all complaints.
- Alertness, vigilance and skill in reacting promptly to emergency situations such as treatment of trauma, drug overdose, psychosis, cardiac events, respiratory compromise, and emergency childbirth.
- Certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support and possesses the skill to provide resuscitation to all patients in accordance with the national standards of the Emergency Nurses Association. Emergency Room Nursing certification is highly recommended as soon as clinical practice criteria are met.
- Ability to develop and contribute to patient plan of care to meet the patients' physical, psychosocial and spiritual needs. Knowledge of anesthetic agents and pharmaceuticals, their desired effects, side effects, compatibility with other drugs and complications of their use. Administers conscious sedation and implements appropriate monitoring post-procedure to all ages of patients. Requires certification in the use of conscious sedation agents and monitoring of all ages during recovery phase of conscious sedation and monitoring of deeper sedation patients on mechanical ventilation.
- Requires knowledge of pharmacological and other paralytic agents and monitoring required to perform rapid sequence induction in order to assist with emergency intubations of respiratory compromised patients. Skill in operation of specialized medical equipment. Monitors and maintains central lines (arterial and central venous pressure) and other invasive cardiac monitoring procedures.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of medical disorders, injuries and surgical interventions. Anticipates complications and indicated therapeutic interventions for all ages of patients. Knowledge of sterile and aseptic technique.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients and their families to provide guidance and instruction. Knowledge of various Federal, Military, State, County, and other local law enforcement and social services resources required to aid in obtaining support and follow-up for victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, substance abuse, and other crimes.
- Skill in written and verbal communication sufficient to obtain, disseminate and/or document patient care information using manual means or computer driven patient information systems. Knowledge of hospital administrative procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
OMV Medical offers its employees Competitive pay & benefits which include:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Accidental Death & Disability
- Paid holidays
- PTO Time
- 24/7 on-call access
OMV Medical Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.