PEDs RNs (Inpatient) needed
Walter Reed Nat’l Military Medical Center
OMV Medical, Inc.,
a recognized leader, has been providing medical staffing and management services for over a quarter of a century. OMV is always looking for dedicated individuals who share our values; flexibility, dependability and quality patient care. When you choose OMV Medical as your employer of choice, you can be confident that you are working with an organization that values you as an individual and understands your dreams, aspirations and wants to help you make your career goals real. Come partner with us!
RNs Needed (- Full time, Part time, PRN- DAYS and NIGHTS)
The RNs will support the missions of the Inpatient Pediatric Dept. at WRNMMC Bethesda, 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week. The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Bethesda provides services 24 hours a day, 365 days per year (366 days during leap years), including holidays. Shift times consist of twelve (12) hour shifts (0645-1915) and (1845-0715) to include an uncompensated forty five (45) minute meal break.
- (a) Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or
- (b) Graduate Diploma or
- (c) Associate Degree
The RN must have a minimum of 12 months full-time RN experience within the last three years working in a Pediatric Inpatient Unit. Two years of overall pediatric experience is required, inclusive would be the one year working in an inpatient PEDs unit.
Valid and current, unrestricted license in at least 1 state, territory or commonwealth of the US
: All RN’s must possess and maintain current course completion documentation for Health care Provider basic life support (BLS) through the American Heart Association, and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support).
- Shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
b.Shall be knowledgeable of equipment and supply terminology and skill sufficient to identify and use necessary equipment and supplies properly and to communicate proper use with nurses, medical staff, patients, and family members.
- Shall be sufficiently skilled to teach patients proper self-care and to motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing.
- Shall be knowledgeable and possess skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients. The Contract RN shall demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the appropriate patient population served: Infants, Children, Adolescent, and Young Adults.
- Assess, coordinate, facilitate, deliver and evaluate care for infant to young adult patients using the nursing process.
- Knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments related to Pediatrics, is desirable.
- The contracted RN will be knowledgeable in professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing pediatric patients, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
SPECIFIC DUTIES/TASKS THE CONTRACT EMPLOYEE SHALL PERFORM BUT NOT BE LIMITED
- Must be a U.S citizen.
The contracted RN will provide the following services and in strict compliance with standing orders and protocols set forth by the MTF, and IAW JC guidelines to include, but will not necessarily be limited to the following:
OMV Medical offers its employees Competitive pay & benefits:
- Operate defibrillator, EKG machine and cardiac monitor when appropriate.
- Assess patients' condition for potential or life-threatening crises. Distinguish between normal and abnormal physical findings (from physical assessment and vital sign assessment). Plan and implement appropriate nursing care.
- Utilize the nursing process to develop individualized age-specific nursing care plans. The nursing process includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. RN shall not make assessments but will implement the care plan and document the care provided with results.
- Obtain patient medical and psychosocial history and pertinent family history and documents on the appropriate form.
- Implement prescribed physician orders and nursing care and documents in patient medical record.
- Assess patient/family knowledge level and learning needs (prescribed medications/therapies and surgical/diagnostic procedures, disease process, preventions) develop and implement a plan of instruction for the patient and family, then document the demonstrated level of understanding. RN shall not assess learning needs but will implement the educational plan and document the results. Assessment plans will be individualized to target age-specific learning needs, barriers to learning, and cultural needs.
- Administer medications with the knowledge of actions and usual dosages of commonly used drugs.
Competitive benefits include:
OMV Medical Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send your resume to the email below.
For more information
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Accidental Death & Disability
- Paid holidays
- PTO time
- 24/7 on-call access
: please call the recruiting department at 301-766-0400 or email: email@example.com