APlus Technologies, Inc. and OMV Medical, Inc., a recognized leader, has been providing medical staffing and management services for over a quarter of a century. OMV is always looking for dedicated individuals who share our values; flexibility, dependability and quality patient care. When you choose OMV Medical as your employer of choice, you can be confident that you are working with an organization that values you as an individual and understands your dreams, aspirations and wants to help you make your career goals real. Come partner with us!
Nurse Case Managers needed for 88th RD, Fort McCoy, WI
To accomplish PHP educational, preventive and promotional functions, the Contractor must provide NCMs who understand primary, secondary, and tertiary interventions, utilize a broad range of educational and promotional methods, who partner with Government personnel to create effective educational and promotional events and strategies and who have public speaking abilities that result in effective presentations to groups of managers and Service Members. Depending on needs, they also must be willing to travel nationally as highly visible, well-identified representatives of PHP.
NCMs must have experience working in a complex organizational environment, and must understand labor relations, military operations, and the Military Health System, TRICARE and VA as it pertains to the RC. They may, with Contract Officer’s approval, serve as the administrative point of contact for a variety of psychological health related programs, facilitate, track and report results, and be the liaison with other behavioral health programs, Boards and directives.
NCMs coordinate and consult with RC leadership on all behavioral health case management and psychological health initiatives and policy. They plan and coordinate regional case management related meetings and provide verbal reports of significant matters resulting from meetings or other events to COR within one day, and provide written summaries within one week.Minimum Qualifications:
- Qualified NCMs shall hold a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from an accredited college oruniversity and have passed The National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN®).
In addition, they:
- Shall have a current state license or state certification as a Registered Nurse where practice takes place.
- Any NCM assigned to perform services related to clients in other states, e.g. telephonic case management, must be licensed or certified in the state where he/she is physically located and have adequate knowledge of the state laws governing mental health issues and clinical practice for the population they are serving.
- Clinical supervision and consultation must be available and used to ensure adequate knowledge of state laws is appropriately integrated into the delivery of services.
- Shall be able to practice at the independent level without requiring clinical supervision. Clinical supervision, though not required for NCMs, is strongly encouraged and a periodic review of cases is required. The Senior Nurse Case Manager will be available to the NCMs for review and discussion of cases when needed, and randomly select and review two (2) cases per NCM per quarter.
- Shall have a demonstrated capability to carry out Clinical Case Management responsibilities as well as training and other RC sponsored events such as Yellow Ribbon.
- Shall have a minimum of three (3) years of clinical case management experience after receiving the qualifying graduate degree for this position.
- Case Management Certification
Nurse Case Manager (NCM)
- NCMs will be expected to travel to provide trainings, engage in promotional activities, assess, consult, and refer as needed, take part in collaborative efforts with other supporting Government support programs and personnel, and provide consultation with Commanders/supervisors, and others across all levels of the RC.
- NCMs must have experience working in a complex organizational environment, and must understand labor relations, military operations, and the Military Health System, TRICARE and VA as it pertains to the RC. They may, with Contracting Officer’s Representative approval, serve as the administrative point of contact for a variety of psychological health related programs, facilitate, track and report results, and be the liaison with other behavioral health programs, boards and directives. NCMs coordinate and consult with RC leadership on all behavioral and psychological health initiatives and policy. They plan and coordinate behavioral health related meetings and provide verbal reports of significant matters resulting from meetings or other events to COR within one day, and provide written summaries within one week.
- Assessment: NCMs will receive requests for service and perform an assessment that will include financial resources (eligibility for services and benefits), identification of social supports, and profile initiation.
- Planning: NCMs will assist the Soldier in establishing a successful treatment plan that will assist the Soldier to achieve optimal mental fitness/readiness, and provide relevant condition/disease management education (including medication education).
- Implementation: NCMs will facilitate access to care and services, advocate for the Soldier, and monitor the ongoing treatment plan for effectiveness.
- Coordination: NCMs will coordinate with the Soldier, providers, and Commanders to ensure that the soldier remains engaged in definitive treatment, obtain feedback from providers about the progress of the Soldier, and inform Commands about the Soldier’s readiness status.
- Evaluation: NCMs may do some telecommuting, but must also be near the primary location for visits when necessary.
- NCMs will continually evaluate the need for continued services, the progress of the Soldier, readiness status, and consult with the Soldier’s Command to determine Retention / Separation criteria utilizing the Command Directed Behavioral Health Evaluation at the appropriate time.
- NCMs shall participate in Critical Incident response if qualified and ensure that TEM and CISI services are provided as appropriate.
- NCMs may be assigned various shifts per rotations to provide workplace on-site services. If requested by a Command, they may need to vary their functions to meet unique structural or service needs. Such assignments may be ongoing or temporary depending on need. COR approval or decision is required when requests for variations in services or additional after-hours services are received, when there is concern about shift rotations, and other schedule concerns exist that are not reasonably resolved.
- When NCMs identify complex problems requiring consultation with a Commander to resolve, they will first inform the COR (through the Senior Nurse Case Manager and DPH-TL) for the COR’s decision as to whether or not RC national issues are involved and to arrange appropriate involvement of RC or other appropriate government personnel to ensure that national implications are incorporated into the consultation.
- Upon request or upon approval by a Commander, when NCMs identify issues or problems negatively affecting the RC, they will investigate the circumstances, events, underlying psychological factors, patterns and other matters associated with the problem, e.g. suicides. They will analyze all available information and make recommendations to the Commander to prevent or mitigate future problems.
- The Contractor will, in consultation with the COR, assign on a rotation basis selected NCMs to a RC Psychological Health Steering Committee. Each of the Readiness Divisions is to be represented on each Steering Committee. The purpose of this committee is to share information and best practices across the RC, and to advise regarding communications and consultation with senior leadership at the national level to guide and promote achievement of RC and PHP objectives. The Contractor will plan for means of communication among steering committee members and organize meetings at least annually in conjunction with other events when feasible.
Full benefits and compensation package offered.
Please forward resumes to:
Recruiting@omvmedical.com or email@example.com
APlus Technologies, Inc. and OMV Medical, Inc. are both Equal Employment Opportunity Employers