EXEMPLARY SERVICE AND PROCESS
SICU RNs needed for military Hosp
|Title:||SICU RNs needed for military Hosp|
|Location:||Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD|
|Scheduled Work Hours:||Days and Nights available- 12 hour shifts|
SICU RNs needed – Walter Reed Nat’l Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD
OMV Medical, Inc.,
a recognized leader, has been providing medical staffing and management services for over a quarter of a century. OMV is always looking for dedicated individuals who share our values; flexibility, dependability and quality patient care. When you choose OMV Medical as your employer of choice, you can be confident that you are working with an organization that values you as an individual and understands your dreams, aspirations and wants to help you make your career goals real. Come partner with us!
RNs Needed (Full time DAY SHIFT and weekend staff positions, Part time days and PRN also available)
–Surgical/Medical ICU Departments, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD
The RNs will support the missions of the Surgical/Medical ICU Departments at WRNMMC Bethesda, 24 hours a day, seven (7) days a week. The Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Bethesda provides Registered Nurse services 24 hours a day, 365 days per year (366 days during leap years), including holidays. Shift times consist of twelve (12) hour shifts (0645-1915) and (1845-0715) to include an uncompensated forty five (45) minute meal break.
- Education: A graduate of a Diploma, Associate, Bachelor or Master’s Program of Registered Nursing. The institution will be from a National League of Nursing (NLN) approved program.
- Experience: Continuously employed, for a minimum of three (3) years , as a Registered Nurse (RN) in a hospital or clinical setting; and, employed for one (1) year as an ICU RN in a hospital or clinical setting prior to working at the MTF.
- Licensure: Valid and current, unrestricted license in at least 1 state, territory or commonwealth of the US
- Life Support: All RN’s must possess and maintain current course completion documentation for Health care Provider basic life support (BLS) through the American Heart Association, and ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support).
SPECIFIC DUTIES/TASKS THE CONTRACT EMPLOYEE SHALL PERFORM BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
- Shall be knowledgeable of equipment and supply terminology and skill sufficient to identify and use necessary equipment and supplies properly and to communicate proper use with nurses, medical staff, patients, and family members.
- Shall be sufficiently skilled to teach patients proper self-care and to motivate patients and family members to continue the procedures for promoting rapid healing.
- Shall be knowledgeable and possess skills necessary to provide care appropriate to any age-related needs of the patients. The Contract RN shall demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the appropriate patient population served: Infants, Children, Adolescent, Adults, and Geriatric (>65).
- Assess, coordinate, facilitate, deliver and evaluate care for infant to geriatric patients using the nursing process.
- Possess knowledge of a wide range of medical disorders/conditions, diagnostic studies and treatments related to prevention, and detection of illnesses in adults, is desirable.
- The contracted RN will be knowledgeable in professional care theories, principles, practices, and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience in assessing adult and geriatric patients, as appropriate.
- Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry and automated medical records.
- Be a U.S citizen.
OMV Medical offers its employees Competitive pay & benefits:
- The contracted HCP will provide the following services and in strict compliance with standing orders and protocols set forth by the MTF, and IAW JC guidelines to include, but will not necessarily be limited to the following:
- The ability to react to any emergency situation, e.g., cardiac or respiratory arrest, hemorrhage, shock, severe physical trauma and psychiatric reaction. Serve as member of the resuscitation team.
- Assess patients' conditions for potential or life -threatening crises. Distinguish between normal and abnormal physical findings (from physical assessment and vital sign assessment). Plan appropriate nursing care set forth by the MTF, IAW JC guidelines.
- Operate defibrillator, EKG machine, and cardiac monitor.
- Care for patients with Swan-Ganz catheters, arterial lines and mechanical ventilator.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate plans/actions and collaborate with a diverse healthcare team for the benefit of the patient, family and organization.
- Effectively educate patients and families regarding involvement in the plan of care, promotion of self care, management of symptoms, and follow-up care.
- Demonstrate excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize adverse signs and symptoms and reacts quickly and appropriately in emergency situations. Demonstrated ability to obtain, assess, and report critical lab or diagnostic results to patient’s physician in a timely manner.
- The demonstrated ability to act on all medical and therapeutic orders in a timely manner.
- Can demonstrate and adhere to peri-operative, infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Can demonstrate good time management skills.
- Coordinate patient care through a continuum and facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Maintain excellent patient assessment skills. Use the nursing process as a basis for professional practice. The contracted RN will demonstrate proper preparation of patient’s for treatments and procedures, to include surgical interventions. Provide proper care and evaluation of post-procedural patients.
- Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required. Will be knowledgeable in administrative requirements for the documentation of patient's condition, progress and acknowledgement of teaching, and follow up care.
Competitive benefits include:
OMV Medical Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply, go to
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Accidental Death & Disability
- Critical Illness
- Paid holidays
- PTO time
- 24/7 on-call access
For more information
: please call the recruiting department at 301-766-0400 or email: email@example.com
Copyright 2018 OMV Medical, Inc.. All rights reserved. Powered by ApplicantStack™