|Location:||Camp Lejeune, NC|
|Work Status:||Full Time|
|Scheduled Work Hours:||Monday - Friday Days|
STATEMENT OF WORK
OMV Medical, Inc., a recognized leader, has been providing medical staffing and management services for over a quarter of a century. OMV is always looking for dedicated individuals who share our values; flexibility, dependability and quality patient care. When you choose OMV Medical as your employer of choice, you can be confident that you are working with an organization that values you as an individual and understands your dreams, aspirations and wants to help you make your career goals real. Come partner with us!
- Possess a master’s degree in Genetic Counseling from an accredited university.
- Possess certification by the American Board of Genetic Counselors.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of full-time clinical experience within the last 3 years as a Genetics Counselor.
- Perform a full range of genetics counseling, both independently and in association with Maternal-Fetal Specialists, for patients at risk of chromosomal, inheritable or acquired birth defects.
- Provide genetic counseling services for a variety of indications, including advanced maternal age, abnormal Maternal serum-alpha-fetoprotein (MSAFP) screening, abnormal fetal ultrasound, significant family history of birth defect or inheritable disease, or exposure to known teratogen.
- Serve as a resource for health care providers, providing information regarding prenatal testing as well as assessment of need for genetic counseling.
- Participate in in-service meetings of OB/GYN staff.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other departments such as Pediatrics to maintain continuity of care.
- Identify families at risk, interpret information about the disorder, analyze inheritance patterns and review available options with the family.
- Construct family histories; provide risk factors, follow-up and counseling with genetics patients who require assistance with adjusting to their genetic conditions and/or multiple congenital anomalies with or without mental retardation.
- Provide comprehensive genetic counseling to pregnant women and /or couples, families with children with genetic disorders, syndromes and cancer risks due to genetics.
- Provide information on preconception counseling, prenatal diagnoses, Cystic Fibrosis (CF) screening. Be familiar with first and second trimester material analyte screening for neural tube defects and aneuploidy, and the ultrasound screening program.
- Liaise and provide feedback and follow up between the patients and their referring providers. Refer patients to various support services, national family support organizations and collect follow up information and other outcome metrics as required.
- Recognize high risk factors for pregnancy and circumstances that lead to prenatal complications with an understanding of genetic screening and testing, as well as prenatal diagnosis.
- Utilize databases and research various medical literatures, to facilitate patient counseling and testing.
- Provide teaching of medical genetics to residency training programs.
OMV Medical offers its employees Competitive pay & benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Accidental Death & Disability
- Critical Illness
- Paid holidays
- PTO Time
- HRA Option
- Employee Discount Program
- 24/7 on-call access
To apply, go to: omvmedical.applicantstack.com/x/openings.
For more information: please call the recruiting department at 301-270-9212 or email: email@example.com
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications