EXEMPLARY SERVICE AND PROCESS
LPNs for Moncrief Army Community Hospital
|Title:||LPNs for Moncrief Army Community Hospital|
|Location:||Fort Jackson, SC|
|Work Status:||Full Time|
|Scheduled Work Hours:||5 days/week, Mon-Sun, 40 hrs./week|
LPN – FT JACKSON, SOUTH CAROLINA
OMV Medical, Inc.,
a recognized leader, has been providing medical staffing and management services for over a quarter of a century. OMV is always looking for dedicated individuals who share our values; flexibility, dependability and quality patient care. When you choose OMV Medical as your employer of choice, you can be confident that you are working with an organization that values you as an individual and understands your dreams, aspirations and wants to help you make your career goals real. Come partner with us!
Moncrief Army Community Hospital (MACH) Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH), Fort Jackson, South Carolina
- Education: Graduation from an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse program
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience
- Licensure: Valid and current, unrestricted license in at least 1 state, territory or commonwealth of the US
- Life Support: All LPN’s must possess and maintain current course completion documentation for basic life support (BLS) through the American Heart Association and/or American Red Cross.
- Obtains information from patient and/or family to identify major complaints, symptoms, or reason for seeking health care.
- Takes all vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respirations, pain level, height, weight, measurement of head circumference, and length); performs a behavioral health screening.
- Documents patients' chief complaints and other pertinent information in the health record. Documentation will also include medication reconciliation, screening tools, and behavioral health intake surveys.
- Participates in promoting patient compliance with health activities in accordance with RESPECT-Mil. Coordinates and facilitates care coordination, communicates relevant information according to the medical plan of care and nursing assessment, and documents accordingly in the health record.
- Provides individualized nursing care to patients of all ages based upon the physician's medical care plan, the nursing assessment, and the physical, mental and emotional needs of the patient. Assists the physician with various examinations and diagnostic procedures. Sets up and maintains a sterile field; understands the proper positioning of patients required for various procedures.
- Administers oxygen, IV fluid and prescribed oral, rectal, subcutaneous and intramuscular medications. Performs inhalation treatments, finger-stick glucose, urine dipsticks, visual acuity, phlebotomy, dressing changes, and surgical instrument cleaning and packaging after use.
- Educates patients and family members on childcare and school requirements for children on medications.
- Assures accurate care and handling of specimens. Performs routine procedures, such as EKGs, eye, throat, nasal and/or wound cultures, dressing changes, ear irrigation, and application of bandages. Recognizes adverse signs and symptoms immediately and calls for assistance and if the situation warrants it, performs CPR immediately. Sets up, operates and monitors specialized equipment, such as cardiac monitor, defibrillator, etc.
- Screens and reviews immunization records IAW AR 40-562 and unit Standard Operating Procedures to select required immunizations, correct dosages, and routes of administration.
- Administrative duties include inputting data into the computer and retrieving information such as laboratory and diagnostic procedure results.
- Administers oral, intradermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular immunizations to all age groups IAW established protocols. Maintains accountability for actions and control of vaccines. Documents interventions and patients' response to care.
- Demonstrates ability to initiate cardiopulmonary resuscitation in the event of an anaphylactic reaction and/or cardiopulmonary arrest.
- Performs teaching to patients and/or family regarding self-care procedures and documents teaching.
- Reviews laboratory results and brings abnormal results to attention of physician. Per physician's instruction, telephones patient regarding follow-up required and documents in records.
- Performs patient education for special needs such as medication administration, inhaler and spacer use, self -dressing changes, ostomy care, finger-stick and glucose meter use, drawing up and injection of insulin and glucagon, and asthma home monitoring with peak flow meters and nebulizer use.
- Educates patients and family members on childcare and school requirements for children on medications. Completes necessary paperwork for school (sick slips, asthma care plan, etc.), for provider signature. Also teaches patients early warning signs for early detection of diseases.
- Coordinates with designated clinic administrative staff for maintenance of adequate vaccines and supply levels.
- In the absence of the medical receptionist, assists with the responsibilities for checking patients into the system, completion of records and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Reviews laboratory results and brings abnormal results to the attention of the physician and per physician's instructions, telephones patients regarding any follow-up care that is required.
- Reviews chart for coding compliance and ensures all procedures are documented to obtain accurate capture of workload.
- Attends mandatory training as directed by supervisor or command.
- Will be trained in documenting adverse medication reactions in the VAERS or local system.
- Participates in and may coordinate performance improvement activities.
5 days, 8-hr days, 40 hours per week, Monday thru Sunday between the hours of 6a and 10p.
OMV Medical offers its employees Competitive pay & benefits:
Competitive benefits include:
OMV Medical Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
To apply, go to
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Accidental Death & Disability
- Critical Illness
- Paid holidays
- PTO time
- Employee Discount Program
- 24/7 on-call access
For more information
: please call Donna Kesler, Contract Manager, 252-232-0323, firstname.lastname@example.org
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications
Copyright 2018 OMV Medical, Inc.. All rights reserved. Powered by ApplicantStack™