OMV Medical, Inc., a recognized leader, has been providing medical staffing and management services for over a quarter of a century. OMV is always looking for dedicated individuals who share our values; flexibility, dependability and quality patient care. When you choose OMV Medical as your employer of choice, you can be confident that you are working with an organization that values you as an individual and understands your dreams, aspirations and wants to help you make your career goals real. Come partner with us!
Nurse Practitioner needed for
San Antonio Military Medical Center, Fort Sam Houston, TX.
Job Summary/ Description of Responsibility
- The provider may also be required to interface with network participants, including other government contractors in order to appropriately manage services for the beneficiaries. Contract with other government contractors will be for the sole purpose of coordinating patient care. Contract nurse practitioners providing services under this contract shall perform procedures within the scope of clinical practice privileges as granted by the military treatment facility. The duties encompass nursing functions for which he/she bears responsibility and medically delegated functions of an Advance Practice Nurse. The nurse practitioner shall perform the same clinical duties as those required of any military or government civil service Health Care Provider of similar experience and in similar duty assignments. The duties shall consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform and document appropriate history, physical examination, all medically indicated laboratory and x-ray examinations, EKG, and preliminary diagnosis prior to the performance of any healthcare treatment. (Inpatient and outpatient)
- Be responsible for triaging a wide variety of patients, from infants to elderly, by obtaining pertinent medical and related history, making clinical assessments, developing treatment plans, administering immunizations, making patient care appointments, and prescribing over-the-counter and prescription medications with the scope of clinical practice.
- Refer patients requiring further consultation outside the scope of practice to the appropriate MTF health care provider or community resource/class.
- Provide health care evaluations, assessments, treatments, and patient education within the scope of practice in one or more of the MTFIs Family Care Clinics.
- Provide medical care and treatment of communicable diseases or injuries.
- Conserve health of patients by application of diversified knowledge of preventive, diagnostic, and therapeutic medical procedures.
- Seek advice of consultants when appropriate.
- Instruct and monitor other medical personnel in care and treatment of patients.
- Prescribe medications in CHCS as appropriate and in accordance with privileges and hospital rules and
- Maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with hospital directives and prepare all
- records and reports required. Ensure all documentation is legible.
- Request and interpret laboratory tests, procedures, and consultations considered appropriate. Follow-up of abnormal reports are the responsibility of the ordering provider. The appropriate MTF provider will review all abnormal x-ray and lab reports received on patients seen by the contract provider. Reports will be reviewed within one week of receipt.
- Identify patients requiring clinical case management when the patient presents to the clinic. The NP will provide needed services to these patients within the scope of practice and shall refer the patient for any additional services needed.
- Administrative Duties. Shall perform significant administrative duties including, but not limited to, maintaining data collection of daily and monthly clinical workload through an automated system.
- Maintain proper medical records on patients to whom treatment is provided in accordance with governing regulations.
- Use the CHCS for keeping records, ordering of ancillary procedures, ordering of medications, writing doctor’s order, and performing other required patient record functions at the discretion of the MTF.
- Refer patients to civilian practitioners only after providing notification to and receiving approval from the appropriate MTF staff.
- Attend and participate in team conferences, professional staff conferences, and other appropriate professional activities as determined by the appropriate clinic chief, or his designated representative as workload permits during scheduled duty hours.
- Contract provider shall perform services under the control and general supervision of the Chief, Neurology, or his/her designated representative.
The Nurse Practitioners shall have sufficient experience and skills to be able to adequately perform the tasks identified in this work statement as stated below:
- Be a graduate of a recognized advanced practice nursing educational program and possess evidence of certification according to the requirements of the Advanced Practice certifying organization.
- Have and maintain a valid, unencumbered license as a registered nurse in at least on estate within the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands. If the state of registration has a separate Advanced Practice (APN) licensure, the nurse practitioner shall also have APN licensure.
- Possess and maintain current certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Possess and maintain current certification in basic cardiac life support (BCLS). BCLS certification must be obtained through an American Heart Association and/or Red Cross approved training program.
- The HCP performing duties within the Neurology clinic will be required to possess and maintain current certification in advanced cardiac life support (ACLS). ACLS certification must be obtained through an American Heart Association and/or Red Cross approved training program.
- Possess at least 1 year of experience as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Current on all immunizations.
Hours of Performance.
The contractor shall provide services for work weeks averaging 40 hours consisting of 5 eight-hour working days, plus a 30 minute unpaid lunch break. Duty hours may be scheduled Monday through Sunday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. The schedule may include Federal Holidays. Military training holidays are not considered normal duty days. The schedule will be provided to the COR by the clinic master scheduler.
OMV Medical offers its employees Competitive pay & benefits which include:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid holidays
- PTO Time
- 24/7 on-call access
OMV Medical Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.